Skip to main content

India vs. Dusky skin

We are not dark because we dipped ourselves in cow-dung. We are the naturally tanned habitat. So be jealous. But don't discriminate. We are very much human like you ! We eat ,love and live just like you .Then Why are we looked upon with disgust? If you can fall in love with dark chocolate, black tees, black hair, black coffee &black shoes then why not dark skin?  In India if you are a kali (black/dark) bride be ready to be mocked by your in-laws, relatives and just basically everyone you meet. Suppose you bore a dark child then darling it's better you hang yourself !  If not ,be ready to be killed inch by inch by the loving society's sarcastic remarks every second of your life . The westerners love our sand brown colour so much that they go to tanning parlors to achieve this skin tone .Eventually ending up with skin cancer. This skin tone is the most mimicked in the makeup industry. We on the other hand scrub our faces with steroid creams and bleach till only our facial hairs become golden. Microdermabrasion and Botox are the trend nowadays .In microdermabrasion a layer of your skin is scraped off and in Botox your wrinkles are hidden! You end up looking like an expressionless doll! It started with Hollywood catching it's way to Bollywood and now it's a trend among the common people both young and old especially the brides to be !! Anything you do against your natural body is going to harm you in the long run! It might give you a temporary glow but never a permanent solution ! You will age faster, become highly sensitive to sunlight, have uncontrollable acne eruptions and lots more ! At that point of time you can only wish to get your old skin back!. Putting on makeup is understandable it can boost a person's self esteem. Splashing water will take off the makeup so you can call it temporary But these things like Botox and microdermabrasion are irreversible. I hope someday this colourism ends and people will respect each other based on their character,talents & personality! Beauty is in the eyes of the owner not the beholder. Mind is beauty. How can we talk about the racism we face abroad if we are discriminating within our own country to our own people?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18 Health tips for a glowing skin

1. Water tops the list At least 3 litre per day -  The more the better . Water a day keeps pimples away 2.Fruits Oranges,Lemon,Papaya,Pomegranate,Banana are a few of the fruits among the big list. 3. Veggies Spinach ,Beet root ,Cucumber ,Lettuce ,Carrot ,Tomato 4. Avoid non veg. As crazy as this sounds avoid non veg as much as possible especially the deep fried ones! You can have boiled egg it will be enough to satisfy your body's protein content . 5. Avoid coffee and tea Anything with caffeine is bad for skin 6 Green tea Green is great for skin .Add a few drops of  lemon to avoid that raw flavour of green tea 6. Avoid chocolates candies or cookies or kind any DIRECT sugar 7.Drink half a cup of curd/yogurt every day at dinner ! It's a probiotic- useful for your digestive system 8. NO inbetween snacks ! 9. Consume pulses and legumes 10. Nuts- almonds,peanut , cashew. A handful a day will help 11. Juices. It must be home made. Vegetable or fruit j

Follow your Passion, It will lead you to Success!

  Name: Bittu Jacob Owner of Baked for you by Bittu   1. Why did you pursue baking as career?   During my school days I enjoyed baking with my ‘Amma’. After getting married I used to bake occasionally at home and when we had guests at home.   On my son’s 5 th   birthday, I decided to make a fire truck shaped fondant cake. It was my very first attempt baking a fondant cake from scratch. When my family saw the cake they were quite impressed. To be honest the cake tasted lovely but it was not like those very neat fondant cakes . My family encouraged me to level up my skill by attending cake décor classes.       So I attended a class and learned the basics of cake decoration. Even at that point of time I never thought of taking this up professionally. That same year (2016) in the month of December my Appa asked me to bake 10 cakes to gift his friends. I was nervous about this but my Appa had full confidence in me. He convinced me to go ahead with it. And Guess what? It

The last wish on my bucket list.

Photo courtesy : Harvey Schiller Chateauglenunga  3.10.2 015      After going through my latest reports even my doctor had  admitted defeat.  He didn't want to scare me with the news ,so he sat next to me and patiently explained the situation . No more chemotherapy could save me. My days were numbered. I felt a sense of liberation within myself.  This meant  I could spend my last days at home.      As I stepped out of the hospital, I looked back at the building where I had spent the past six months in pain. I saw my nurse looking back at me sympathetically . I wish I could tell her that I'm genuinely happy to go home. I  was relieved that I wouldn't be in pain anymore. Goodbye to nausea, mouth ulcers and  an aching body. 5.10.2015 Today my husband had covered the huge mirror in our bedroom with a collection of my favourite paintings. He knew how much I hated the mirror these days. I looked like an absolute wreck. My long hair which was once envied by ever