Skip to main content

My 50 day survival without whatsapp & facebook

Giving up whatsapp & fb for 50 days was the best decision I have taken till date. So glad I could stick to it although my fingers were itching to give up!

The 10 things I did during these 50 days without whatsapp & Facebook

1. I prayed more.
The time I spent praying increased automatically. I guess social media and prayer-time are inversely proportional. Sacrificing  non veg food and social media has no meaning if you don't pray more than your usual.

2.Got exposed to my creative side.

I drew till my fingers gave up. I painted till my table was a colourful mess. I'm learning  calligraphy(self teaching) . I made very simple DIY projects 

3.Attempted learning to  ride a two wheeler


4.Attempted sewing.
Attempted sewing only to realise that it's not my thing. But hats off to people who can stitch ( hand stitching of course )  ! You need a lot of patience for this!

5.I blew life into this blog

I made sure I had a post up every week! Never did that till date! :) and indiblogger votes made my hands itch to write more and more ( just like my blog name )

6.Reality check ---got to know who my real friends were.

 This one was the sad part. I thought I'll be hugely missed but sadly I wasn't ! I have more than on 800 friends on fb and  456 whatsapp contacts but I had below five people who actually missed me and kept in touch with me via email or call! Though I know I'll be flooded with messages when I return it won't  bring me any joy because I know that only these five people will be there at my funeral. Less is more they say. A few good friends is all you need! Social media can only get you invisible friends. Visible only on screen. Invisible in times of need. No wonder they say truth hurts.

7.coook-KING or KING cook

Learnt cooking basics.just the basics . Just enough to survive. Not a master in it. Definitely not but my chapattis no longer look like maps and I can bake cakes :)I'm more interested in making food that I haven't tasted yet and is less interested in making the usual rice ,curry &chapatis  Hey future hubby(wherever you are & whoever you are) you are officially the person whom I'm gonna experiment my food with ! :) whether it's good bad or yucky you are lucky enough to taste new food all the time 😄

8. Spending time with my parents
Ok I know we are all kind hearted children and we all spend quality time with our folks but I started noticing and listening more to what they were saying rather than dipping my head into the screen. Sometimes all they want from us is our attention.

9. I Realized that challenges are good ! 
Challenging yourself of things you thought you could never achieve and going against all odds to get it is great! It's an amazing feeling. A beautiful feeling that you get from within! It's beyond any understand and cannot be put to words. My next challenge is no sugar challenge😞 don't know when to start it since it's sooooo hard. But yes the harder the better ! The more things you have control over in life the better you raise as a human being is the saying. Let's see. No harm in trying right? But always remember there will be people mocking you and laughing at you. Never give ears to that.

10.Lets inspire 
Why did i take the pain to write all this? To inspire at least one person around me to try this out and see the difference it makes. Make sure to share your experience thus inspiring more & more people.

 Last but not the least I had my friend chris sara. She did this lent without social media along with me!  Proud of her as well :) and she is a bride to be so wishing her joyful years ahead. Chris if you are reading this...." I hope we do this every year girl" !!

Advance happy Easter to all of you who are reading this now:) have a blessed sunday for the lord has risen:) let's spread love !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18 Health tips for a glowing skin

1. Water tops the list At least 3 litre per day -  The more the better . Water a day keeps pimples away 2.Fruits Oranges,Lemon,Papaya,Pomegranate,Banana are a few of the fruits among the big list. 3. Veggies Spinach ,Beet root ,Cucumber ,Lettuce ,Carrot ,Tomato 4. Avoid non veg. As crazy as this sounds avoid non veg as much as possible especially the deep fried ones! You can have boiled egg it will be enough to satisfy your body's protein content . 5. Avoid coffee and tea Anything with caffeine is bad for skin 6 Green tea Green is great for skin .Add a few drops of  lemon to avoid that raw flavour of green tea 6. Avoid chocolates candies or cookies or kind any DIRECT sugar 7.Drink half a cup of curd/yogurt every day at dinner ! It's a probiotic- useful for your digestive system 8. NO inbetween snacks ! 9. Consume pulses and legumes 10. Nuts- almonds,peanut , cashew. A handful a day will help 11. Juices. It must be home made. Vegetable or fruit j

Follow your Passion, It will lead you to Success!

  Name: Bittu Jacob Owner of Baked for you by Bittu   1. Why did you pursue baking as career?   During my school days I enjoyed baking with my ‘Amma’. After getting married I used to bake occasionally at home and when we had guests at home.   On my son’s 5 th   birthday, I decided to make a fire truck shaped fondant cake. It was my very first attempt baking a fondant cake from scratch. When my family saw the cake they were quite impressed. To be honest the cake tasted lovely but it was not like those very neat fondant cakes . My family encouraged me to level up my skill by attending cake décor classes.       So I attended a class and learned the basics of cake decoration. Even at that point of time I never thought of taking this up professionally. That same year (2016) in the month of December my Appa asked me to bake 10 cakes to gift his friends. I was nervous about this but my Appa had full confidence in me. He convinced me to go ahead with it. And Guess what? It

The dot, turban and the hijab.

                                         It was another day at middle school. I still had not made any friends. Well , the truth is I really tried but no one  wanted to be my friend. It was lunch time and I was looking for a place to sit in the cafeteria. This is one thing I dread the most. Everyone had a group of friends of their own. The popular group sat in the corner. They were the cheerleaders, basketball players, kids with good looks (most of them wore makeup so cannot really tell if they were really good looking) and then there were the rich kids who only wore only branded clothes , shoes.  I certainly did not belong there because I didn’t have the skinny body type which those cheerleaders had. Forget sports. I cannot even do ten push-ups straight. I wore clothes which I got on sale from JCpenny and not Armani, Gucci or Nike. When it came to looks neither did i  wear fake lashes nor did I have hair extensions.  I did not have a tongue piercing, ta