Skip to main content

New Habits

1 week back I had posted this poll on Linkedin and this is how the results look like!

 
Which new HABIT have you adopted in your life in 2022?
Exercise/Walking/Yoga- 38%
Waking up early- 38%
Journaling- 0%
Reduced Screen time- 25%

 
Thank you all for participating. Now let me tell you about my journey with these new habits😊

Exercising

My mode of Exercising currently is: Walking outside in the morning!
It’s simple
No equipment required
No memberships
+
I get to increase you levels of serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine in my brain, which ultimately helps me feel mentally healthy.

In the future I’m hoping to incorporate other forms of exercise like Yoga into my exercise routine but for starters “Walking” is brilliant!
I listen to Podcasts or Book Summaries/Reviews while I walk.
If you are putting off exercising then start with walking!

StepSetGo is a great app to count your steps!


Waking up Early

My Goal is to wake up at 5 am.
To be honest I’ve not been consistent with this one and I know the exact reason. It’s because I don’t go to sleep early. I’m working hard towards this one and trying hard to get that 7 hours of sleep as well.




Journalling

I’m a bit surprised to see that no one has voted for this one!
Journalling = Mindfulness meeting productivity.
I’m doing bullet journalling and it’s amazing!
I don’t use any fancy journals like the one you usually see online with stickers and beautiful templates.

I make my own templates with pen or pencil😊 There is something deeply satistifying about writing with pen/pencil instead of typing. I think we should try to get back this lost habit of writing on paper. It really does something to your brain.

Basicially I have a Day at a Glance, Week at a Glance, Month at a Glance and Year at a Glance on my Journal.
I also track habits like :
1. Steps per day
2. Water Intake
3. Social media usage:
4. Focus time: (How much time did I focus on my work without getting distracted)

Also have a Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner planning section for that I don’t waste my time thinking about what to make each day! (Decision fatigue)


Reduced Screentime

Being a YouTuber and Content creator it’s very easy to go offtrack with the media consumption. But I’ve realised this and is mindful of the consumption

Apps like RescueTime has immensely help me track my usage.

Also when I had the Instagram app installed on my phone I have often caught myself mindlessly scrolling when I had tons of important work to get done. So I deleted Instagram app from my phone. I log into Instagram via browser to get any notifications/Dm’s JUST ONCE everyday! ( To be honest.. sometimes I even forget to check )
And when I want to post a story I reinstall the app on my phone. Right after posting I delete the app again!
It was hard at first but now it’s easy.
That's all for now:)

If you can let me know in the comments your journey with your new habit it would be a great motivation for me and other's reading this post. Thank you:)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18 Health tips for a glowing skin

1. Water tops the list At least 3 litre per day -  The more the better . Water a day keeps pimples away 2.Fruits Oranges,Lemon,Papaya,Pomegranate,Banana are a few of the fruits among the big list. 3. Veggies Spinach ,Beet root ,Cucumber ,Lettuce ,Carrot ,Tomato 4. Avoid non veg. As crazy as this sounds avoid non veg as much as possible especially the deep fried ones! You can have boiled egg it will be enough to satisfy your body's protein content . 5. Avoid coffee and tea Anything with caffeine is bad for skin 6 Green tea Green is great for skin .Add a few drops of  lemon to avoid that raw flavour of green tea 6. Avoid chocolates candies or cookies or kind any DIRECT sugar 7.Drink half a cup of curd/yogurt every day at dinner ! It's a probiotic- useful for your digestive system 8. NO inbetween snacks ! 9. Consume pulses and legumes 10. Nuts- almonds,peanut , cashew. A handful a day will help 11. Juices. It must be home made. Vegetable or fruit j

Follow your Passion, It will lead you to Success!

  Name: Bittu Jacob Owner of Baked for you by Bittu   1. Why did you pursue baking as career?   During my school days I enjoyed baking with my ‘Amma’. After getting married I used to bake occasionally at home and when we had guests at home.   On my son’s 5 th   birthday, I decided to make a fire truck shaped fondant cake. It was my very first attempt baking a fondant cake from scratch. When my family saw the cake they were quite impressed. To be honest the cake tasted lovely but it was not like those very neat fondant cakes . My family encouraged me to level up my skill by attending cake décor classes.       So I attended a class and learned the basics of cake decoration. Even at that point of time I never thought of taking this up professionally. That same year (2016) in the month of December my Appa asked me to bake 10 cakes to gift his friends. I was nervous about this but my Appa had full confidence in me. He convinced me to go ahead with it. And Guess what? It

The dot, turban and the hijab.

                                         It was another day at middle school. I still had not made any friends. Well , the truth is I really tried but no one  wanted to be my friend. It was lunch time and I was looking for a place to sit in the cafeteria. This is one thing I dread the most. Everyone had a group of friends of their own. The popular group sat in the corner. They were the cheerleaders, basketball players, kids with good looks (most of them wore makeup so cannot really tell if they were really good looking) and then there were the rich kids who only wore only branded clothes , shoes.  I certainly did not belong there because I didn’t have the skinny body type which those cheerleaders had. Forget sports. I cannot even do ten push-ups straight. I wore clothes which I got on sale from JCpenny and not Armani, Gucci or Nike. When it came to looks neither did i  wear fake lashes nor did I have hair extensions.  I did not have a tongue piercing, ta