Skip to main content

How to make Home made Grape Wine Naturally ( No Yeast Recipe)






It's been quite sometime since I  last posted here. I promise to be more regular here.  So today I bring you a recipe. My first Recipe on Itchtowrite. If you want to see more recipes follow me on my instagram handle @anpulicious

So here goes.

5 Kg Grapes( Seeded Variety)
4 Kg Sugar
2 litre Boiled and Cooled water
Two Handfuls of Broken Wheat (Sooji Gothambu)( loosely wrap it in a muslin cloth)
5 Pieces Cinnamon
10 Pieces Cardamom

Points to be Noted: 
Do not use Plastic bottles for wine fermentation.
You can use  a big Glass Jar or Bharani with a wide mouth.
Don't overfill the jar.
Fill it to 3/4th only.
After cleaning the grapes remove the stems and dry them with a cotton muslin cloth .
There should be absolutely no moisture. This is probably the hardest part of the whole wine making process to make sure every single grape out of the 5kg is fully dry.
  Make sure the Glass jar/Bharani is also clean and dry.
 If you are using a bharani make sure you have not used it previously for putting pickles.
In this receipe you don't need to crush the grapes.
Always store the wine in a dark cool dry place. Always use a woodle ladle for stirring daily. Stirring has to be done at the same time each day.
The total time duration is 45 days. You have to be patient. 


Procedure:
Add a layer of Grapes to the Jar
Follow it by adding a layer of Sugar.
After this add some of the Cardamom and Cinnamom( not all)
Repeat this layering till the rest of the Grapes, Sugar & Spices are added.
Add 2 litres of boiled & Cooled water to this jar.
Wrap a cotton muslin cloth loosely like a kizhi and add the broken wheat inside it.
Push this kizhi using a wooden ladle to the bottom of the jar
Cover the bharani with a clean cotton cloth & cotton  yarn for fermentation
Don't make it airtight by using a lid . For fermentation to occur naturally you need  to make sure it is a not airtight.
Mix daily at the same time everyday the next 15days with a dry and clean wooden ladle

            After 15 days discard the kizhi. Strain the mixture & separate the solids. The wine you got after straining has to be kept again for another 30days for further fermentation.  This is the first extract. The extracted wine can be put back into  the same bharani but make sure you wipe away the seeds of the grapes  stuck to the bharani with a clean dry cotton cloth. After putting the strained wine into the bharani make sure that during the next 30 days you don't need to stir. Keep it in a cool dark place and let it ferment. This time you have to close the lid tightly by using a muslin cloth folded into 4. After 30 days you can strain and enjoy the wine. Store in a dry,cool & dark place and avoid moisture. As days pass by the wine will taste better and better.


              The solids(seeds and grapes) separated while extracting the first wine can be used for fermentation  for another 15 days ( this is the second extracted wine but will not be as tasty as the first extracted wine) . No need to add kizhi to this one. You can discard the kizhi . Add 1 litre of boiled and cooled water to the solids and keeo it for 15 days.  Strain it after 15 days & then keeping for another month and strain and enjoy the wine.


Reciepe Credit :  Mia Kitchen Youtube Channel .
Link: https://youtu.be/_m6QX7hthPc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18 Health tips for a glowing skin

1. Water tops the list At least 3 litre per day -  The more the better . Water a day keeps pimples away 2.Fruits Oranges,Lemon,Papaya,Pomegranate,Banana are a few of the fruits among the big list. 3. Veggies Spinach ,Beet root ,Cucumber ,Lettuce ,Carrot ,Tomato 4. Avoid non veg. As crazy as this sounds avoid non veg as much as possible especially the deep fried ones! You can have boiled egg it will be enough to satisfy your body's protein content . 5. Avoid coffee and tea Anything with caffeine is bad for skin 6 Green tea Green is great for skin .Add a few drops of  lemon to avoid that raw flavour of green tea 6. Avoid chocolates candies or cookies or kind any DIRECT sugar 7.Drink half a cup of curd/yogurt every day at dinner ! It's a probiotic- useful for your digestive system 8. NO inbetween snacks ! 9. Consume pulses and legumes 10. Nuts- almonds,peanut , cashew. A handful a day will help 11. Juices. It must be home made. Vegetable or fruit j

Follow your Passion, It will lead you to Success!

  Name: Bittu Jacob Owner of Baked for you by Bittu   1. Why did you pursue baking as career?   During my school days I enjoyed baking with my ‘Amma’. After getting married I used to bake occasionally at home and when we had guests at home.   On my son’s 5 th   birthday, I decided to make a fire truck shaped fondant cake. It was my very first attempt baking a fondant cake from scratch. When my family saw the cake they were quite impressed. To be honest the cake tasted lovely but it was not like those very neat fondant cakes . My family encouraged me to level up my skill by attending cake décor classes.       So I attended a class and learned the basics of cake decoration. Even at that point of time I never thought of taking this up professionally. That same year (2016) in the month of December my Appa asked me to bake 10 cakes to gift his friends. I was nervous about this but my Appa had full confidence in me. He convinced me to go ahead with it. And Guess what? It

The dot, turban and the hijab.

                                         It was another day at middle school. I still had not made any friends. Well , the truth is I really tried but no one  wanted to be my friend. It was lunch time and I was looking for a place to sit in the cafeteria. This is one thing I dread the most. Everyone had a group of friends of their own. The popular group sat in the corner. They were the cheerleaders, basketball players, kids with good looks (most of them wore makeup so cannot really tell if they were really good looking) and then there were the rich kids who only wore only branded clothes , shoes.  I certainly did not belong there because I didn’t have the skinny body type which those cheerleaders had. Forget sports. I cannot even do ten push-ups straight. I wore clothes which I got on sale from JCpenny and not Armani, Gucci or Nike. When it came to looks neither did i  wear fake lashes nor did I have hair extensions.  I did not have a tongue piercing, ta