Skip to main content

April Rain




Soothing whispers of a gentle breeze,

Swept amid my curly hair.

As I sat  on the porch with a cup of chai,

Bloated ashen clouds dashed into each other,

They waited to explode and turned darker by the second.

Trees swaying a welcome dance,

While the earth blew a mighty wind to greet the approaching rain,

I look up as I felt a spray of tiny beads cascading down my arm.

And there those first droplets kiss the planet.

It left an earthy aroma all around.

Then with a Rumble and a roar came those majestic drops,

Shattering the ground with force,

It created a beautiful serenade on the roof

And steady drumming on the windows.

It enriched the thirsty soil,

Making every dusty leaf glossy,

Cheerful, bright, and bold is the Rain

It calms your nerves and makes you smile

Whether you are dancing in the rain 

or watching it from a confined space

Rain will help those anxieties slip away

And water your soul with love.




Image Source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

His Final Message to the World: Don’t Give Up on Your Dream”

My father’s brother — our dearest Lalu Uncle — went to be with the Lord in October 2025. He had travelled to Delhi to deliver this TEDx talk, but sadly, he never got the chance. He passed away before he could step onto that stage. If he had delivered this speech, it would have been one of the most inspiring and viral talks of all time. Take just 2 minutes to read through his incredible testimony — a journey of failure, faith, resilience, and destiny. The last speech Abraham Zachariah prepared – to deliver at TEDx I didn’t go to school. I was sent to school. Hence, for 10th standard, marks were very low and I could get admission only for Commerce group, as no one wanted (is 55 years ago) in my home state Kerala. My mother was very upset as my cousins and friends got into Science groups and she pushed me into Commerce Group. I was used to tell everyone that “Useless fellow, useless fellow, useless fellow are in Commerce Group and all the useless ones are in commerce group.” She was...

“When Love Becomes a Language”

 It has been 9 years since I married Rohit and became a part of this beautiful family, and in that time I came to know Amma as an all-rounder.  I remember once asking Appa about the collection of awards in the showcase, and he told me that most of them belonged to Amma. From writing to creative thinking, to receiving “Best Employee” awards at Cochin Refinery.. ( thats wher she worked) —she was always at the top in everything she did. I even came across her handwritten recipe book, filled with recipes for many dishes including doughnuts which was uncommon back then. Every page was written with neat handwriting and exact measurements. Rohit often told me how Saturdays at home were almost like a feast when Amma would prepare a variety of new dishes for the family. Food was her love language and she found joy in serving the family.  Amma had a way of finding cute coincidences. Amma told me soemthig she had figured out. she told that all the daughter in laws of the house....

Follow your Passion, It will lead you to Success!

  Name: Bittu Jacob Owner of Baked for you by Bittu   1. Why did you pursue baking as career?   During my school days I enjoyed baking with my ‘Amma’. After getting married I used to bake occasionally at home and when we had guests at home.   On my son’s 5 th   birthday, I decided to make a fire truck shaped fondant cake. It was my very first attempt baking a fondant cake from scratch. When my family saw the cake they were quite impressed. To be honest the cake tasted lovely but it was not like those very neat fondant cakes . My family encouraged me to level up my skill by attending cake décor classes.       So I attended a class and learned the basics of cake decoration. Even at that point of time I never thought of taking this up professionally. That same year (2016) in the month of December my Appa asked me to bake 10 cakes to gift his friends. I was nervous about this but my Appa had full confidence in me. He convinced...